[fxruby-users] Keeping child focused in FXTabBook (on key press)

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu May 19 15:28:45 EDT 2005

Hi list, hi Lyle.

I've got some problems here using a (now enabled, thanks to Lyle)
FXScrollArea in a FXTabBook
instance.

When pressing the KEY_Up or KEY_Left the FXScrollArea looses its focus.
Instead, the related
FXTabItem gets focused. Usually, that's okay and I assume it is an
intended behaviour.

A topic that I couldn't find being discussed anywhere, neither on
fxruby.org nor on the list (didn't
I search hard enough?) was how to ignore those focus changes.

I've browsed the FOX source once again. FXScrollArea is derived from
FXComposite. This means
that it sends SEL_KEYPRESS events to its target by default (or better,
when begin enabled).

And it sends SEL_FOCUS_UP to itself, handling it by itself. Hmmm, well,
still, I didn't find
the point which handler I'd have to overload/overwrite in order to
ignore the message which
leads to the focus change.

I hope there's someone out there who has an idea.

Kind regards,
Jannis