[fxruby-users] FXScrollArea messages

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed May 18 16:14:52 EDT 2005

Jannis Pohlmann schrieb:

> Hi Lyle, hi list.
>
> I've got a few problems getting a subclass of FXScrollArea react on
> SEL_MOTION and SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS.
>
> In the constructor I wrote
>
>    FXMAPFUNC(SEL_MOTION, 0, "onMouseMove")
>    FXMAPFUNC(SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS, 0, "onLeftClick")
>
> I also tried
>
>    self.connect(SEL_MOTION, method(:onMouseMove))
>    self.connect(SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS, method(:onLeftClick))
>
> But when I use this widget those handler functions are never called, even
> if I call .setFocus on it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Jannis

Hey Lyle, didn't you see that message?

I don't want to be impatient, but this problem is really important for a
project
of mine. I browsed the FOX source and FXRuby's SWIG interfaces and noticed
that FXScrollArea doesn't implement the SEL_MOTION handler as FXCanvas
does.

Obviously, FXTable (derived from FXScrollArea) is able to react on
SEL_MOTION.

FXScrollArea is a subclass of FXComposite which itself is a subclass of
FXWindow so shouldn't classes derived from FXScrollArea be able to handle
SEL_MOTION?

Same with other cursor messages like SEL...BUTTONPRESS,
SEL...BUTTONRELEASE or SEL_CLICKED.

No ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jannis