[fxruby-users] problem with FXMemoryBuffer and OpenGL

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri May 13 09:08:54 EDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 5:55 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> I just tried to migrate a program fom FOX 1.0 to FOX 1.2 and ran intgo
> this
> problem (ruby 1.8.2):
> FXMemoryBuffer::data does not return an array of FXColor, but the same
> string
> I get when I call FXMemoryBuffer::to_s (it's 33 chars long). Despite
> FXMemoryBuffer::[] works and I can access the individual pixels. In
> consquence I can't access the bitmaps and can't build an OpenGL
> texture.

This sounds like a bug that was fixed in FXRuby 1.2.4 (see
http://www.fxruby.org/doc/changes.html). Are you sure you're using the
latest release of FXRuby 1.2? A quick way to check is by typing:

	ruby -rfox12 -e 'puts Fox.fxrubyversion'

at the command line. If you're running FXRuby version 1.2.3 or earlier,
please upgrade first and then let me know if the problem persists.