[fxruby-users] problem with FXMemoryBuffer and OpenGL

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp dr.klepp at gmx.at
Fri May 13 06:55:19 EDT 2005

I just tried to migrate a program fom FOX 1.0 to FOX 1.2 and ran intgo this
problem (ruby 1.8.2):

FXMemoryBuffer::data does not return an array of FXColor, but the same string
I get when I call FXMemoryBuffer::to_s (it's 33 chars long). Despite
FXMemoryBuffer::[] works and I can access the individual pixels. In
consquence I can't access the bitmaps and can't build an OpenGL texture.

img = FXPNGImage.new(@@application, nil, IMAGE_KEEP|IMAGE_SHMI|IMAGE_SHMP)

works using FOX 1.0, fails using FOX 1.2.

Any idea how to solve this?