[fxruby-users] Retriving FXTextField Data

Harold Worby haroldworby at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 23:59:59 EST 2005

OK Thanks,
Now I added the '.connect(SEL_COMMAND){' and the data is correct, but the
Accept button does not dimiss the diallog 'dlg'.
As I read the docs, FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, target, selector,
opts,...),
should be creating a button that will send the message 'selecotor'(ID_ACCEPT
hear) to the object 'target'(dlg here).
Wich is what it seemed to do before I added the .connect(SEL_COMMAND)
{block}
I expect it catch the SEL_COMMAND message, execute the {block} and then send
the ID_ACCEPT message. Why doesn't it?

	FXButton.new(buttons, "&Accept", nil, dlg, FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT,
	 FRAME_RAISED|FRAME_THICK|LAYOUT_RIGHT|LAYOUT_CENTER_Y).connect(SEL_COMMAND
){
		 @table.setItemText(cell.row,1,txtName.text)
		 @table.setItemText(cell.row,2,txtPath.text)
		 @table.setItemText(cell.row,3,txtSize.text)