[fxruby-users] FX GUI objects won't display

Harold Worby H.Worby at Kinsey.Com
Thu Mar 17 14:38:59 EST 2005

Calling either dialog.create or tree.create both cause Segmentation
splitter.rb:292: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]

Adding item.create had no effect.

Harold Worby

-----Original Message-----
From: lyle at knology.net [mailto:lyle at knology.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:53 AM
To: Harold Worby
Cc: fxruby-users at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [fxruby-users] FX GUI objects won't display

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:44:18 -0600, "Harold Worby" <H.Worby at Kinsey.Com>
wrote :

> I'm trying to replace the contents of a FXTreeList and can't get it to
> display.
> If I call fillList from the instillation method, the list is displayed
> correctly, but calling it later will not display.

I think you just need to add a call to create() for the tree items that
created after the program's up and running, e.g.

    item = $tree.addItemLast(...)

For more info, please see this question from the FOX FAQ:

> Also I've have a dialog displayed by Msg_Box(). On the first call, it
> displays correctly but on subsequent calls it never displays.

This may be the same problem (although I'm not sure). See what changes
anything) if you add a call to dialog.create right before the call to