[fxruby-users] FX GUI objects won't display

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Wed Mar 16 10:52:52 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:44:18 -0600, "Harold Worby" <H.Worby at Kinsey.Com> wrote :

> I'm trying to replace the contents of a FXTreeList and can't get it to
> display.
> If I call fillList from the instillation method, the list is displayed
> correctly, but calling it later will not display.

I think you just need to add a call to create() for the tree items that are
created after the program's up and running, e.g.

    item = $tree.addItemLast(...)

For more info, please see this question from the FOX FAQ:

> Also I've have a dialog displayed by Msg_Box(). On the first call, it
> displays correctly but on subsequent calls it never displays.

This may be the same problem (although I'm not sure). See what changes (if
anything) if you add a call to dialog.create right before the call to