[fxruby-users] resizable table headers

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at PATH.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Mar 4 15:18:38 EST 2005

Lyle Johnson wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>> Oops--I neglected to tell you about (or remember for that matter) that I
>> had a "shim" file that I could use so that code would run on both 1.0 and
>> 1.2. In that file I was defining:
>

> Ah, OK.
>
>> But, for me at least, the standard table.rb example has the same problem
>> (can't change size of headers) and it uses
>>
>>     @table = FXTable.new(frame, nil, 0,
>>       TABLE_COL_SIZABLE|TABLE_ROW_SIZABLE|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y,
>>       0,0,0,0, 2,2,2,2)
>>
>> Even adding
>>
>>     @table.setRowHeaderMode(0)
>>
>> doesn't help.
>

> The light bulb just went on for me as to what you're wanting to do, and
> I don't think that FOX supports that. Looking at the FOX source code, it
> appears that the mouse motion handling when you're clicking and dragging
> inside an FXHeader is constrained to one axis, depending on how the
> header is oriented. If it's a horizontally-oriented header (like the
> column header), you can only interactively resize the widths of the
> different header items (but not their heights). If it's a
> vertically-oriented header (like the table's row header), you can only
> resize the heights of the header items (but not their widths).

Darn. I guess I'm remembering the 1.0 style leading rows.

Jeroen, if you're listening, is this(*) a feature that we can expect
eventually? Not that it's critical, but in my case users enter text that
is used for the headers, and I'd like for them to be able to see as much
of it as they want.

(*) Mouse control of the boundary between header and body of a table.