[fxruby-users] resizable table headers

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri Mar 4 07:32:55 EST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Oops--I neglected to tell you about (or remember for that matter) that
> had a "shim" file that I could use so that code would run on both 1.0
> and
> 1.2. In that file I was defining:

Ah, OK.

> But, for me at least, the standard table.rb example has the same
> problem
> (can't change size of headers) and it uses
>     @table = FXTable.new(frame, nil, 0,
>       0,0,0,0, 2,2,2,2)
> Even adding
>     @table.setRowHeaderMode(0)
> doesn't help.

The light bulb just went on for me as to what you're wanting to do, and
I don't think that FOX supports that. Looking at the FOX source code,
it appears that the mouse motion handling when you're clicking and
dragging inside an FXHeader is constrained to one axis, depending on
how the header is oriented. If it's a horizontally-oriented header
(like the column header), you can only interactively resize the widths
of the different header items (but not their heights). If it's a
vertically-oriented header (like the table's row header), you can only
resize the heights of the header items (but not their widths).