[fxruby-users] resizable table headers

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at PATH.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Mar 4 00:01:10 EST 2005

> On Mar 3, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>> I'm already doing that:
>>
>>     super(inner_frame, 0, 0, nil, 0,
>>       TABLE_COL_SIZABLE|TABLE_ROW_SIZABLE|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y,
>>       0,0,0,0, 2,2,2,2)
>
> Ah, I see it. You're still passing the visibleRows and visibleColumns
> arguments (the 2nd and 3rd arguments) to FXTable.new. Those two got
> dropped for FXRuby 1.2. Try this instead:
>
> 	super(inner_frame, nil, 0,
> 		TABLE_COL_SIZABLE|TABLE_ROW_SIZABLE|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y,
> 		0,0,0,0, 2,2,2,2)
>
> Hope this helps,

Oops--I neglected to tell you about (or remember for that matter) that I
had a "shim" file that I could use so that code would run on both 1.0 and
1.2. In that file I was defining:

    class FXTable
      alias new_1_2_api_initialize initialize
      def initialize(*args, &block)
        dim = args.slice!(1..2)
        new_1_2_api_initialize(*args, &block)
        setTableSize(*dim)
      end
      alias numCols numColumns
    end

So I don't think those two zeros were the problem.

But, for me at least, the standard table.rb example has the same problem
(can't change size of headers) and it uses

    @table = FXTable.new(frame, nil, 0,
      TABLE_COL_SIZABLE|TABLE_ROW_SIZABLE|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y,
      0,0,0,0, 2,2,2,2)

Even adding

    @table.setRowHeaderMode(0)

doesn't help.