[fxruby-users] Does anyone have access to an x86-64 box?

Shad Sterling polyergic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:53:43 EST 2005

I have an x86-64 machine at work I can do some with, and I couldn't
get the fxruby gem to install.
I've never tried to use fxruby, I suspect the problem is something
really obvious that the installer isn't giving a clear error message

[root at datastor rubygems-0.8.6]# gem install fxruby
Config file /root/.gemrc does not exist
Attempting local installation of 'fxruby'
Local gem file not found: fxruby*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'fxruby'
Select which gem to install for your platform (x86_64-linux)
 1. fxruby 1.2.5 (mswin32)
 2. fxruby 1.2.5 (ruby)
 3. fxruby 1.2.4 (ruby)
 4. fxruby 1.2.4 (mswin32)
 5. fxruby 1.2.3 (mswin32)
 6. fxruby 1.2.3 (ruby)
 7. fxruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)
 8. fxruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
 9. fxruby 1.2.1 (ruby)
 10. fxruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
 11. Cancel installation
> 2
can't find header files for ruby.
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.5 for inspection.
  ruby extconf.rb install fxruby\n

Results logged to

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:48:55 -0600, Lyle Johnson <lyle at knology.net> wrote:
> > Someone has submitted a bug report that seems to be specific to the
> > x86-64 platform (running Ubuntu Linux 4.10).
> Forgot to mention: the bug report is here:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1540&group_id=300&atid=1223
> Lyle

Please do not send personal (non-list-related) mail to this address.
Personal mail should be sent to polyergic at sterfish.com.