[fxruby-users] Scrollbars and Layout sizes

Damphyr damphyr at freemail.gr
Thu Jun 30 09:24:50 EDT 2005

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Damphyr schrieb:
>> #List for types
>> theTypeList=FXList.new(topFrame,nil,LIST_MULTIPLESELECT)
First things first: the above line is wrong.
theTypeList=FXList.new(topFrame,nil,0,LIST_MULTIPLESELECT) is the
correct one (I was putting the options in place of the selection). That
took care of the multiple selection problem.
Further reading of the RDocs reveals snippets of information on the use
of LAYOUT_FILL_X etc.
These take care of the initial placement problem.
Now, how do I influence which widgets are shown and which not?
I guess I have to add a bit more code to the create method for the main
window:

def create
	super
	show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)
end # create

> The best page for information about layout managers is this one
> (included in the FOX docs):
> http://fox-toolkit.org/layout.html
Thanks, I'll keep reading :)
Cheers,