[fxruby-users] Scrollbars and Layout sizes

Damphyr damphyr at freemail.gr
Thu Jun 30 08:29:39 EDT 2005

I'm trying to put together a quick gui for a log analysis script I'm
using and while I've got the basics working it just doesn't look the way
I want it to :).
Being an absolute newbie in the subject of FOX and a relative stranger
to GUI programming in general I need help badly.
Now, my current problem is getting a FXList to start with a reasonable
size. The following code does not do what I expect it to do (multiple
select is not activated).

#List for types

Moreover I get only two visible items (there are more the 10) and a very
narrow horizontal area (something like 5 characters wide). How do I
control initial size for the widget? How to I make it resize together
with the outer window?
topFrame is a FXHorizontalFrame with default initialisation.
I'd appreciate a few pointers to tutorials for Layouts and Layout hints
if there are any out there. I've looked in FXruby.org and FOX Community,
but there doesn't seem to be much about the nitty gritty of layouts.
Thanks for the help,