[fxruby-users] Menu behavior on Windows

Roy Sutton roys at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 8 00:56:01 EDT 2005

I'm wondering if the menu behavior exhibited by FXRuby under Windows XP
is a problem/shortcoming/feature with Fox, FXRuby or somehing else
altogether.

Using the scintilla-test.rb sample application if you press the menu
shortcut key (ALT-F) you cannot access the underlined menu options using
the underlined character -unless- you have not released the ALT key.
Standard Windows menu behavior is that you can release the ALT key and
then press the underlined character to select the menu option.  Thoughts?

Also, I noticed Fox is up to 1.4, what's the general lag time to an
FXRuby release?

Thanks!

Roy