[fxruby-users] Solaris relocation error

Forrest Chang fkchang2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 18:39:13 EDT 2005

Hi All:

  I'm having a problem that seems similar to what
others have had, but I was unable to find a solution.

- Solaris 8
- fox 1.2.13
- fxruby 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, same happens for both
- fox compiles ok under sun's CC (wouldn't link under
g++, is a closed system, and don't have gnu ld),
sample c++ fox apps work fine

  I'm able to bet fxruby (both versions to compile)
under sun CC, but I get a similar relocation error to
what others have found involiving an undefined name
mangled symbol.

I did an nm on the library and indeed it seems like
the symbol in question is UNDEF in the fox.so.  How
are the C++ test apps able to run?

  Thanks for any help