[fxruby-users] Help widget: suggestion?

DeZonia, Barry bdezonia at wisc.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:10:12 EST 2005

I've made a very simple (and Spartan) help dialog using the following code:

  # sentences : an array of strings
  def displayHelp(sentences)
    w = 600
    h = 400
    centerX = self.x + (self.width/2)
    centerY = self.y + (self.height/2)
    originX = centerX-(w/2)
    originY = centerY-(h/2)
    dialog = FXDialogBox.new(@app,"Help",DECOR_ALL,originX,originY,w,h)
    #dialog.icon = @miniIcon
    outFrame = FXVerticalFrame.new(dialog,LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
    topFrame = FXHorizontalFrame.new(outFrame,LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
    bottomFrame = FXHorizontalFrame.new(outFrame,LAYOUT_CENTER_X)
    #list = FXList.new(topFrame,15,nil,0,LAYOUT_FILL_X)
    list = FXList.new(topFrame,nil,0,LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
    list.font = FXFont.new(@app, "helvetica", 10, FONTWEIGHT_DEMIBOLD)
    button= FXButton.new(bottomFrame,"OK",nil,dialog,FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT)
    sentences.each { | sentence | list.appendItem(sentence) }
    dialog.show
    dialog.execute
  end