[fxruby-users] Big tables still segfault with fxruby-1.2.4

Jamey Cribbs cribbsj at oakwood.org
Fri Feb 25 13:39:37 EST 2005

Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Btw, I've been seeing, in my own code, a table-filling related,
> GC-dependent bug as well. I hope it's the same as this bug!

You know, now that I think about it, I saw this problem a few months ago
with an app that I wrote for work.  I installed the app on about 15 pcs
at work.  One guy was really zealous about using it.  He kept adding new
records to the database which meant he was constantly displaying an
FXTable, going to an edit screen to add a new record, and then being
taken back to a new rendition of the FXTable.

I remember he called me over to tell me that after adding about 20-25
records the app crashed.  I tested it a little and found that, if I
constantly opened and closed a window that had an FXTable on it, the
memory used gradually increased and eventually the program would crash.
Because I had some icons on the same screen as the FXTable, I always
assumed that it was because I was not correctly destroying the icon
resources when I closed the window, but now that I see David's test
code, I realize that that was probably not the case.

Hope this helps!

Jamey Cribbs