[fxruby-users] Big tables still segfault with fxruby-1.2.4

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at PATH.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Feb 25 13:01:04 EST 2005

David Peoples wrote:
> I've installed the latest fxruby. (Fox::fxrubyversion() reports 1.2.4.)
> But my installation of fxruby still crashes with a segmentation fault
> when refilling FXTables with large data sets.
> My original report was attached to bug #1445. I'm including the test
> code below. The platform is Windows XP, and Ruby is from the one-click
> installer version 182-14 Final.
> I'd appreciate it if others could run this code to see if the segfault
> shows up on other machines or just mine.

Crashes repeatably within 10 clicks on linux:

$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]
$ uname -a
Linux tercel.path.berkeley.edu 2.6.10 #1 Fri Jan 7 01:41:12 PST 2005
i686 Pentium III (Coppermine) unknown GNU/Linux

...and FXRuby is the new 1.2.24.

Adding "GC.disable" at the top lets me click about 40 times, and no
crash. (Had to stop there because it was gobbling VM.)

Btw, I've been seeing, in my own code, a table-filling related,
GC-dependent bug as well. I hope it's the same as this bug!

I'll try to post a small test case.