[fxruby-users] FXTable segfaults after multiple setTableSize calls

David Peoples davidp at touringcyclist.com
Fri Feb 18 17:21:40 EST 2005

lyle at knology.net wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:38:57 -0600, David Peoples
> <davidp at touringcyclist.com> wrote :
>

>>When I empty and refill an FXTable multiple times with a large data set
>>(10,000 rows x 1 column in the example below, around 1000 rows x 6
>>columns in a more complicated app), the application eventually fails
>>with a segmentation fault.
>

> <snip>
>
> This sounds like another manifestation of the bug described here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1445&group_id=300&atid=1223
>
> I will tack your report on to that one as some supporting evidence, if
> that's OK with you. I've figured out part of the problem, but it's difficult
> to debug. I hope to have a solution soon, though. Will try to devote some
> more time to it this weekend.

That's fine. I actually had seen that bug report, but didn't make the
connection to my example somehow. I think I was distracted by some red
herrings in the original code where this problem first showed up, and
didn't remember it by the time I distilled the problem down to the FXTable.

I'm not equipped or knowledgeable enough to debug this at a lower level
myself, so I'm afraid I can't be any help there. But I'll be happy to
try out potential fixes for you if that does you any good.

David

David Peoples  davidp at touringcyclist.com
The Touring Cyclist  http://www.touringcyclist.com
11816 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044
tel: 314-739-4648  fax: 314-739-4972