[fxruby-users] [OT] Trolltech to Extend Dual Licensing to Qt for Windows

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Mon Feb 7 11:42:14 EST 2005

Thought this might be of interest to some of you. Here is a link to the
press release:

I haven't read the fine print, but if the article is correct in stating that
the additional license they've chosen is the GPL, this is still pretty
restrictive as compared to FOX's (and others) LGPL licensing. If you're
developing (proprietary) commercial software you must still purchase a
commercial license from Trolltech.

It's also not clear to me that they've actually opened up the source code
for Qt for Windows; I'm assuming they haven't.

Anyways. You can follow some of the characteristically enlightened
discussion of this news in this Slashdot thread: