[fxruby-users] possible FXImage issues

Oliver Smith osmith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:56:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to update a program from FXRuby 1.0 to FXRuby 1.2 and I'm
running into problems with FXImage.  Here's what worked before:

buffer = FXImage.new(getApp, "\0" * buffer_size, 0, buffer_width,buffer_height)

buffer.create

And now I get this:

'wrong argument type String (expected Array) (TypeError)'

So I tried changing "\0" to [0] and then I get a segfault on
buffer.create.  The image.rb sample also gives me the TypeError
message.  This is on Win2k by the way.  Any help is appreciated...I
can't find much in the documentation or the 1.2 conversion guide.  If
image.rb is working for others, perhaps something got screwed up when
I upgraded?

Thanks for any help,

Oliver