[fxruby-users] Advice sort on using FXText widget

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Dec 18 21:36:35 EST 2005

Thanks for your ideas Joel.

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> May be I'd be better off using some other widget but I can't see one.
> What about an FXList, one entry per line of the file?

I had thought about that and may give it a try it was not my first
choice because of the inability to do selections within the rule.
> That doesn't help with selecting "portions"... are these portions
> syntactic chunks or arbitrary substrings? If the former, maybe a tree
> list would work (following the parse tree).

mostly the former, I had *not* thought of parsing the rule and
representing it as a tree.  I'm using the tree widget in another panel
to navigate the sensors and rule files.