[fxruby-users] Advice sort on using FXText widget

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Dec 18 19:00:08 EST 2005

Hi Folk,
	well I'm now writing and app (to manage snort sensors and rulefiles )
and have am now trying to figure out which is the best widget for the job.

Snort rule files have one rule per line, I want to display the rule file
in a frame and allow the user to select individual rules by clicking on
them.  I may also want to select portions of a rule.

Currently I'm using FXText but I find the FXEvent returns pixel (?)
coordinates but all the FXText methods take a single 'pos' parameter
which presumably is the index from the start of the buffer.  Clearly
there must be a straight forward way to may between the two but I can't
figure it out.

May be I'd be better off using some other widget but I can't see one.

Cheers, Russell