[fxruby-users] Installing RubyFX on MacOS X 10.4.3

Scott Willson scott at butlerpress.com
Fri Dec 2 23:11:29 EST 2005

Thought I'd follow-up on my earlier post. While it is possible to
compile libtiff, libjpeg, etc... on OS X without Fink or Darwin
Ports, I wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy setting compiler
flags and modifying library search paths. It's not hard if you know
what you're doing, but most people should use Fink or Darwin Ports
for the dependent libs.

I gave up once I hit problems with FXScintilla and XFT, and just used
Fink for those.

Hope that helps someone,
Scott