[fxruby-users] GUI Update technique

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:53:21 EDT 2005

Ahh, well.

Of all the good reasons to abandon a project, perhaps that the
application area is already well covered is one of the best. I needed
to deploy this functionality a little quicker than I could deploy my
own code, and upon investigation found that there are several robust
solutions in place for the most commonly used OSs, most under the GPL.

I've learned a lot from the meager distance I've taken it, but there's
no real reason I shouldn't continue to learn on my next project.

So, I ask you all: do you think that there is a need within the
(fx)ruby community for a ssh/sftp/scp gui client specifically written
in ruby? If there's any interest, I might continue to work on it -- if
you all are in agreement with me about abandoning it, I'll blow it off
and move on to the next thing.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Twitch