[fxruby-users] also had problem installing fxruby

Jacob Hanson jacdx at jacobhanson.com
Wed Aug 17 17:06:10 EDT 2005

Now that you mention it, I'm having trouble getting fxruby going on
fresh kubuntu installation.

First, doing a gem install, it would act like it installed fine (no
errors or anything, but the .so was no where to be found). I figured
out that libfox1.2 wasn't installed, just 1.0, so I installed that
apt. The next try yielded the same thing...no errors visible.

Given the messages on the list today, I found the build log (mkmf.log) and
apparently it couldn't find gcc. I got some basic devel packages
installed and this time, it's actually building but there are hundreds
of warnings. It did finally build fox12.so and it seems to work with
my fxruby app.

See ya,
       _/ _/  _/   Jacob Hanson
      _/ _/_/_/   mailto:jacdx at jacobhanson.com