[fxruby-users] problem installing fxruby

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Wed Aug 17 09:58:53 EDT 2005

On Aug 17, 2005, at 7:27 AM, Markus Jais wrote:

> I get this:
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6$ ruby
> examples/hello.rb
> examples/hello.rb:3:in `require': No such file to load
> -- fox12 (LoadError)
>         from examples/hello.rb:3

Could you list the contents of this directory:

and send them to me? In particular, there should be a log file in there
(can't think of the name) that captures all of the build information.
Based on the error message you saw when you tried to run the example,
it would seem that FXRuby did not in fact finish building; otherwise,
it would have found the "fox12.so" extension to load.