[fxruby-users] ANN: Interactive Fiction Mapper v0.5

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Sat Aug 13 17:51:22 EDT 2005

> I downloaded the zip and I couldn't get it to run either--it segfaults on
1103
> in IFMapper.rb, when it tries to create a BMP image :(

Ouch.  That is pretty much the same configuration I am using.
Actually I did get similar types of segfaults but only when the canvas image
created was pretty big (4K or higher) on a 128Mb machine and I wanted to
inquire a tad about it on this list as it seemed quite strange.
Could this be a memory issue?  The default configuration is to start the map
with a zoom factor of 1, which leads to a 3K by 2K canvas or so (times 2 I
guess once for the canvas and one for the off-line image).
In FXMap, in the initialize function, at the end there is a:
self.zoom = 1
You could try setting it to say, 0.25, which will create a 800x500 image and
see if it then allows you to boot.