[fxruby-users] problem installing fxruby

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri Aug 12 08:13:03 EDT 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 3:09 AM, Markus Jais wrote:

> I used:
>
> $ sudo gem install fxruby
>

> at the end it said:
>
> Successfully installed fxruby-1.2.6
>

> but there was also an error message:
>
> FXRuby.cpp: In function `void
> FXRbDestroyAppSensitiveObjects()':
> FXRuby.cpp:1741: error: invalid conversion from `int
> (*)(...)' to `int (*)()'
> FXRuby.cpp:1775: error: invalid conversion from `int
> (*)(...)' to `int (*)()'
> make: *** [FXRuby.o] Error 1
> FXRuby.cpp: In function `void
> FXRbDestroyAppSensitiveObjects()':
> FXRuby.cpp:1741: error: invalid conversion from `int
> (*)(...)' to `int (*)()'
> FXRuby.cpp:1775: error: invalid conversion from `int
> (*)(...)' to `int (*)()'

Which version of Ruby are you compiling FXRuby against? What output do
you get when you type:

	ruby -v

> I have the latest FXRuby version.(1.4.17).

Wow, I didn't know there was an FXRuby version 1.4.17. Where did you
find that?

> irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> require 'fox12'
> LoadError: No such file to load -- fox12

<snip>

Yes, if there were errors during the compile (as you showed above) it
would not have finished building the gem.