[fxruby-users] Greetings and Introduction

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Tue Aug 9 09:18:52 EDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 7:29 AM, James Stallings II wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm rather new to the practice of gui programming, if
> not the theory; and I am having a bitch of a time getting some
> blisteringly simple stuff to work (timer-driven callback to update a
> horizontal frame in a tabbook with updated text values).

You might be able to use some of the example programs included in the
FXRuby distribution as a guide; see for example the datatarget.rb
example (which uses a timer).

> If someone would be so kind as to point me towards the list digest(s)
> I would be delighted to go to and do the requisite research there
> before I start verbally pummeling you all for support.

The fxruby-users archives are here:

	http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/fxruby-users/

and the foxgui-users archives are here:

I recommend that you peruse both of them, as most FXRuby questions on
the list (outside of basic installation issues) tend to be general FOX
programming issues as well.