[fxruby-users] Available layout options?

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sun Apr 24 14:41:33 EDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Richard Lyman wrote:

> Maybe this will get me to where I'm going:
> How can I figure out the inheritance chain?
> I'm guessing that the only thing available for 1.2 is here:
> http://www.fox-toolkit.org/ref12/hierarchy.html
> ... and I'm guessing that FXRuby holds to that same inheritance.

Yes, the FXRuby classes' inheritance chain is the same as that for the
FOX classes.

> Am I guessing correctly? I can just write a script to parse that page
> and derive the inheritance if FXRuby sticks to it...

Sure, that should work. You might also be able to write a clever little
Ruby program to figure it out for you since you can ask Ruby classes
about their superclass, e.g.

	superclassOfLabel = Fox::FXLabel.superclass # should return

Anyways, hope this helps,