[fxruby-users] FXSettings problem

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Apr 12 17:56:49 EDT 2005

Hi all.

I tried to subclass FXSettings in order to add some functionality to it
but I ran into the following problem.

The code which shall be executed looks like this:

    def test
        reg = Registry.new("test.reg")
        reg.Parse
    end

The Registry class basically looks this way:

    require "fox12"
    include Fox

    class Registry < FXSettings

          attr_accessor :mFile
          attr_accessor :mDefaults

          def initialize(aFile)
                self.mFile = aFile
                self.mDefaults = FXSettings.new
          end

          def Parse
                parseFile(self.mFile, true)
                Defaults(false)
          end

          def Write
                unparseFile(self.mFile)
          end

          def Defaults(aOverwrite)
          end

          // Then a lot of stuff for setting default values and
          // some model-view implementations follow but they aren't of
          // of importance regarding the error.

    end

When I call reg.Parse now, the ruby interpreter prints out

    ./Registry.rb:26:in `parseFile': This FXSettings * already released
(RuntimeError)

Does anyone see my - or FXRuby's - mistake?

Regards,
Jannis