[fxruby-users] Re: FxRuby onChore animation performance problem

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Apr 7 08:40:32 EDT 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Dmitri Sviridov wrote:

> I run into a 3D graphics Animation performance
> problem. The animation gets chunky. Smooth animation
> path is being interrupted by pauses. This happens on
> Windows, I have not tried other platforms yet.

> Do have any idea how to get around this problem?

Because Ruby's interpreter doesn't use native threads, we have to do
some tricky things in FXRuby to make sure that Ruby threads are allowed
to run alongside the FOX event loop. If your application isn't using
any Ruby threads for anything, you might try disabling the
aforementioned "tricky code" by calling the disableThreads() method on
your application object, e.g.