[fxruby-users] Retriving FXTextField Data

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Apr 7 08:21:21 EDT 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Harold Worby wrote:

> Ok, here's the complete function.
> The paramater passed as (cell) is handle to a FXTableItem.
> The calling line is
> 	dlgNewTest(cell)
> When then button.connect uses:
> 		getApp().stopModal(dlg, true)
> 		dlg.hide
> I get:
> table.rbw:224:in `stopModal': No matching function for overloaded
> 'FXApp_stopModal' (ArgumentError)

Whoops, my mistake. The second argument to stopModal() should be an
integer, not a boolean value. Try replacing the line:

	getApp().stopModal(dlg, true)

	getApp().stopModal(dlg, 1)

and see what you get.

> And when I use:
> 		 dlg.handle(self, FXSEL(SEL_COMMAND, FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT), nil)
> I Get:
> table.rbw:227:in `dlgNewTest': undefined method `FXSEL' for
> #<TableWindow:0x32955f8>
> NoMethodError)

OK, I assumed you were using FXRuby 1.2, but you must be using FXRuby
1.0. For FXRuby 1.0, this line would need to read:

	dlg.handle(self, MKUINT(FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT, SEL_COMMAND), nil)