[fxruby-users] iconPosition in table

jeroen jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Thu Sep 23 00:08:46 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 05:59 pm, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting an icon to appear to the left of the text in
> a cell. Fox example, in the table.rb example, I changed ABOVE to LEFT:
>
>      @table.getItem(6, 6).icon = penguinicon
>      @table.getItem(6, 6).iconPosition = FXTableItem::LEFT
>      @table.getItem(6, 6).justify = 0    # centered text
>
> but the icon and text are superimposed. Works fine with ABOVE and BELOW,
> but not with RIGHT and LEFT. I've tried varying the text justify as
> well, but maybe I haven't found the right combination.
>
> Any ideas?

Use BEFORE and AFTER.

You have two independent set of options:

	1) justification of items withing the field.  This can be
	   LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER_X for X, and TOP, BOTTOM, CENTER_Y for Y.

	2) relative placement of icon and label.  This can be
	   BEFORE, AFTER, ABOVE, BELOW.

So suppose I have a rectangle:

	+----------------------+
        |                      |
	|       @ label        |	BEFORE and CENTER_X, CENTER_Y
        |                      |
        +----------------------+

and:

	+----------------------+
        |                      |
        |                     @|
	|                 label|	ABOVE and RIGHT, CENTER_Y
        |                      |

and:

        |  label               |
	|@                     |	BELOW, BEFORE, and LEFT, BOTTOM

Hope this helps; there are lots of possibilities...

	- Jeroen