[fxruby-users] Re: [FR-users] FreeRide and FXRuby-1.2.x

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Fri Sep 10 15:20:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:02:34 -0400, Mohammad Khan <mkhan at lextranet.com> wrote :

> My script that was working with 1.2, is not working with 1.0.53
>
> I have tested fox:
>    [mkhan at localhost Everest]$ irb
>    irb(main):001:0> require 'fox'
>    => true
>    irb(main):002:0> include Fox
>    => Object
>    irb(main):003:0>
>
> I am getting,
> `initialize': uninitialized constant MyMDIWindow::FXMenuBar (NameError)
> I have a class MyMDIWindow subclass of FXMainWindow and this class file
> have require 'fox' and include Fox..
>
> where I am doing wrong? I might asking something like dumb..
> I am very much new in FXRuby.

This question is not really appropriate for the FreeRIDE users' mailing
list, but the answer is that the name of the menu bar class changed from
"FXMenubar" (in FOX 1.0) to "FXMenuBar" (in FOX 1.2). There were a number of
API changes between those two versions of FOX and they are documented here:

    http://www.knology.net/~lyle/fox/1.2/WhatsNew.html

Hope this helps,

Lyle