[fxruby-users] FXFileList & default icons

Juraj Sujan juice at sofy.sk
Wed Sep 1 12:51:12 EDT 2004

Thanks a lot for explanation. This is exactly what I wanted
to know.

Juraj

> Yes, that situation is covered in the implementation
> already; you can ALSO
> create default fallbacks, for executables, directories,
> and normal files:
>
> [FILETYPES]
> defaultfilebinding = "/usr/local/bin/adie %s
> &;Document;document.xpm;mini/document.xpm"
> defaultexecbinding =

";Application;exec.xpm;mini/exec.xpm;application/x-executable-file"
> defaultdirbinding =

";Folder;folder.xpm:folder_open.xpm;mini/folder.xpm:mini/folder_open.xpm;application/x-folder"

> If you have that, then these bindings will be used when
> no other bindings are
> available.  The hard-wired icons are ONLY there to make
> sure the program works,
> come hell or high water.  Normally, you'd have a
> populated .foxrc/Desktop file
> and you'll never see them...
>

> I usually have one directory binding like:
>
> /home/jeroen = ";Home
> Directory;kfm_home.xpm;mini/kfm_home.xpm;application/x-folder"
>
> And maybe:
>
> /mnt/zip = ";Zip
> Drive;zip_mount.xpm;mini/zip_mount.xpm;application/x-folder"
> /mnt/cdrom = ";CDROM

Drive;cdrom_mount.xpm;mini/cdrom_mount.xpm;application/x-folder"
> /mnt/floppy = ";Floppy

Drive;3floppy_mount.xpm;mini/3floppy_mount.xpm;application/x-folder"