[fxruby-users] FXMainWindow#create (?) segfaults

Hal Fulton hal9000 at hypermetrics.com
Wed Nov 24 05:43:38 EST 2004

I've just gotten 1.2 properly installed with Lyle's help.

I can now confirm what others have told me: My code segfaults with 1.2.

Here's an abbreviation of the code:

   class MyMain < FXMainWindow

      # other methods...

      def create
        super      # <--   [BUG] Segmentation fault on line 768
        # other code...

In addition, there are several hundred warnings output before that,
all of this form:

   /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/fox/glgroup.rb:17:
   warning: already initialized constant FLT_MIN

Any idea what goes on here?

If Lyle or anyone else wishes to try the code, it's downloadable
from http://rubyforge.org/projects/tycho

I don't pretend this has any urgency -- it's just a side project of
mine, if a pet one -- but I do want to move it forward eventually.

Thanks for any insight...

Hal