[fxruby-users] 1.2.2 gem...

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Tue Nov 23 21:09:10 EST 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 12:59 AM, Hal Fulton wrote:

> Lyle Johnson wrote:
>> I suspect what is happening is that when you build FXScintilla, it's
>> seeing the FOX 1.0 installation (i.e. /usr/local/lib/libFOX.so) and
>> linking against that instead of your FOX 1.2 installation (i.e.
>> /usr/local/lib/libFOX-1.2.so). Can you send me a copy of the
>> config.log file that should be sitting in your FXScintilla build
>> directory?
> OK... attached.

OK, that confirmed my suspicion: If the FXScintilla configure script
sees both FOX 1.0 and 1.2 installed, it goes with FOX 1.0 by default. I
checked my FXScintilla build directory (also for FXScintilla 1.61) and
it looks like his configure script has this option:

	./configure --with-fox-1-2

(I got this by doing "configure --help"). So I think what you might
have to do at this point is:

  1. Re-configure FXScintilla using this switch; rebuild it and
re-install it.
  2. Re-install the FXRuby gem, so that it links against this build of
FXScintilla and not the old one.