[fxruby-users] [Q] Proposed FXRuby 1.2 Feature Name Change

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Wed Jul 28 19:15:44 EDT 2004

On Jul 28, 2004, at 5:01 AM, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:

> I'd suggest fox1_2 to save any confusion when Fox 12.x comes out....

Ugh, I recoil in horror at that underscore. Given Jeroen's conservative
approach to versioning, I think it's safe to say I'll be pushing up
daisies before FOX version 12 ever materializes. If I'm proven wrong, I
will gladly accept your "See, I told you so". ;)

I think I'll stick with "fox12".

> Will you be backporting this into FXRuby 1.0 as well, as fox1_0, for
> consistency?

I don't think there's any point, at this juncture (besides which it
would break existing code that tries to require 'fox'). So the
unadorned "fox" feature name will always be associated with FXRuby 1.0.