[fxruby-users] Re: FXRuby and Threads (was: radiobuttons are weird in 1.2.x series)

Yuri Leikind y.leikind at sam-solutions.net
Thu Jul 22 12:03:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:46:22 -0500
Lyle Johnson <lyle at knology.net> wrote:

>      Now, if FXRuby's support for Ruby threads is disabled, FOX is greedy
>      and never lets any of the other threads run. So I'm a little suspicious
>      when you say that your client-server application's other threads are
>      able to run after you've called FXApp#disableThreads. Maybe something
>      has changed in Ruby's threads implementation recently?

As for my application, calling  FXApp#disableThreads really doesn't allow my threads
run, and I run Ruby 1.8.1 (standard Debian testing package).

Anyway, as far as radiobuttons are concerned, FXDataTarget is way cool, but
one can simply do something like this:

                    r == current_radiobutton
                }.each {|r|
                    r.checkState = false

and though it's not so nice as an FXDataTarget, it solves the problem in a threaded application.

Best regards,
Yuri Leikind