[fxruby-users] Flawless gem install of FXRuby 1.2.1

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri Jul 16 20:04:22 EDT 2004

On Jul 16, 2004, at 6:39 PM, rich lyman wrote:

> Congrats Lyle...
>
> ... I only had to change FXMenubar to FXMenuBar (as had already been
> pointed out to me by your 'change-over' documentation), and my basic
> window shell worked just fine.

Great!

> Maybe I could whip up a standalone installer for the gem version of
> FXRuby... I remember some concerns about not having a
> 'one-click-installer'...

I suspect that this is something that the RubyGems developers would
appreciate as a general capability. I haven't had time to look at it
myself, but ideally you could just roll the entire gem inside the
installer executable, and the installer would run the "gem install"
command for you -- so that afterwords, a "gem list" would still reveal
this gem just as if you'd installed it from the command line. I have no
idea how hard this would be to pull off.

> Again - thanks for the work that you're doing.

You're welcome.