[fxruby-users] WYSIWYG design tools.

dragoncity dragoncity at impulse.net.au
Sat Dec 18 15:14:40 EST 2004

Hi Kevin,
I know of two actually !,
Both written by me and /old/ versions (source) are available at

and from rubyforge

One QT2FXRuby translates QT forms into FXRuby, the other
RubyFXGen used a special 'markup' language FFDL (Fox Form Definition Language)
that also create FXRuby programs but from a simple script.

QT is of course a real GUI interface, FFDL is not , but the end result is of
course a FXRuby GUI program. I don't work on this program anymore

I think that there was a small project to write a 'real' FOX GUI Builder in
Ruby, but I don't know its status.

I'm currently revising FFDL & RubyFXGen to be more flexable with even greater
placement control of widgets and using FXRuby 1.2 ( not 1.0) Thsi has not
been posted as yet.