[fxruby-users] 1.2 segfault

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sat Dec 11 09:42:04 EST 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 11:45 PM, Hal Fulton wrote:

> Obviously I need to RTFM, because I didn't know there was a backwards-
> compatibility issue.

Take a look at the release notes for the very first release (which was
numbered 1.2a1), found here:

	http://www.fxruby.org/1.2/doc/changes.html

and there's a link to a "What's New" document that covers most of the
changes between FOX 1.0 and 1.2.

> However, even so, doesn't it fail awfully quickly?? On the create of
> the main window?

Well, keep in mind that when you call create() on the main window it
recursively works its way down through all of the main window's child
windows, and their child windows, and so on, calling create(). So it's
not (necessarily) something wrong the main window itself, but perhaps
one of the widgets it contains.

> I'll do some reading...

OK.