[fxruby-users] undefined symbol

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Mon Dec 6 20:36:09 EST 2004

On Dec 5, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Ok, the latest snapshots of ruby have fixed the st.h prototypes so
> that FXRuby-1.2.2 builds. But now I've got a new (actaully, old)
> problem.

We were out of town this weekend and so I'm just catching up, but I
suspect Hal's on the right track. When FOX got bumped up to 1.2, the
actual name of the library changed from "libFOX" to "libFOX-1.2", and
as Martha would say, that was a good thing. Unfortunately, there's no
standard way to distinguish between an FXScintilla library built
against FOX 1.0 and one built against FOX 1.2: they both will be named

Yes, this is a problem. No, I haven't consulted with Gilles to see what
we should do about it (other than rebuild FXScintilla against FOX 1.2).