[FLVTool2-users] Using flvtool2 on linux, how?

Norman Timmler lists at inlet-media.de
Mon Mar 6 13:00:38 EST 2006

Am Montag, den 06.03.2006, 18:48 +0100 schrieb erixtekila:
> Hi,
> > Ok, so I've got a Red Hat Enterprise Linux box, on which I have
> > sucesfully installed Ruby and copied the contents of
> > flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4.tar.gz in a fodler somewhere.
> >
> > This is where I am blocked. How I am supposed to use the program? Here
> > are som thing I've tried!
> >
> > [root at localhost flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4]# flvtool2 -help
> > -bash: flvtool2: command not found
> >
> > [ root at localhost flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4]# rb flvtool2.rb
> > rb: garbage on commandline
> >
> > Can someone clear this out for me, I would be most grateful!
> Are you used to commandline tools ?
> You should "cd" to the folder where you've installed flvtool2
> After that, you'd issue this command (note the "./" at the beginning)
> ./flvtool2 -h
> flvtool2 has depencies.
> You couldn't just install it in /usr/bin orusr/loacl/bin or whatever
> path resolved by your shell.
> So, flvtool2 command won't ever work if you don't tell him or give him
> classpath to the depencies.
> I can't remember the classpath arg for ruby, but it should looks like :
> ruby ./flvtool2 -I /usr/local/bin followed by your customs args.

Thank you Erik, but today i released a new version of FLVTool2 that
implements a Linux setup script. Download the latest version from here:

Untar it and execute the following commands inside the untared

ruby setup.rb config
ruby setup.rb setup
sudo ruby setup.rb install

You can then use flvtool2 as a shell command.
Norman Timmler