[FLVTool2-users] Using flvtool2 on linux, how?

erixtekila erixtekila at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:48:44 EST 2006

> Ok, so I've got a Red Hat Enterprise Linux box, on which I have
> sucesfully installed Ruby and copied the contents of
> flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4.tar.gz in a fodler somewhere.
> This is where I am blocked. How I am supposed to use the program? Here
> are som thing I've tried!
> [root at localhost flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4]# flvtool2 -help
> -bash: flvtool2: command not found
> [ root at localhost flvtool2_1.0.3_rc4]# rb flvtool2.rb
> rb: garbage on commandline
> Can someone clear this out for me, I would be most grateful!

Are you used to commandline tools ?

You should "cd" to the folder where you've installed flvtool2
After that, you'd issue this command (note the "./" at the beginning)
./flvtool2 -h

flvtool2 has depencies.
You couldn't just install it in /usr/bin orusr/loacl/bin or whatever
path resolved by your shell.
So, flvtool2 command won't ever work if you don't tell him or give him
classpath to the depencies.

I can't remember the classpath arg for ruby, but it should looks like :
ruby ./flvtool2 -I /usr/local/bin followed by your customs args.