[FLVTool2-users] Question regarding XML syntax for onCuePoint metatags.

Fredrik Olofsson fredrik at absoft.se
Tue Feb 28 07:05:24 EST 2006

Hello

I am having trouble when inserting onCuePoint metatags using flvtool2.

I use the following command (OS is Linux and FLVTool2 version is
1.0.3 RC4):

flvtool2 -UAt /tmp/tags.xml /tmp/file.flv

I noticed that I need to run this command _two_ times on the same
file in order for the cuepoint tags to show up with "flvtool2 -Px /
tmp/file.flv",  which is a bit weird. Then when the tags do show up,
the timestamp is always set to zero (<time>0</time>).

My tags.xml file is modelled after the example that comes with
flvtool2 and looks as  so:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tags>
   <metatag event="onCuePoint" overwrite="true">
     <name>Achtung</name>
     <timestamp>1.234</timestamp>
     <parameters>
       <speaker>Fredrik</speaker>
       <says>I am so glad I have eyeballs.</says>
     </parameters>
     <type>event</type>
   </metatag>
</tags>

I'd be glad if someone could hint me as to why my timestamps doesn't
work and why I seem to have to run the -UAt command twice in order
for any cuepoints to show up!

/Fredrik