[FLVTool2-users] .mov to .flv + adding actionscript via web flash editor?

Bob Kaehms bob.kaehms at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 18:21:38 EDT 2006

Sorry if this type of question is in the FAQ...  also sent directly to
inlet-media, but this list
may be more appropriate.

I'm looking for a way to allow users to upload .mov and possibly other
common file formats to a website, then use a flash based converter/editor to tie
actionscript to specific frames.  Specifically a getURL action.

I found a nice commercial program that looks like it provides that
kind of functionality, but need something in the open source space, as
this is for a masters project.

Thanks for any thoughts or pointers. Not sure if FLVTool2 does the conversion
for you. Looks like it might be able to handle part of the real time
editing / actionscript management.

BTW, is this something I could do directly as a flash application if I
were really creative?
Not sure I can program flash to suck in and convert a .mov file, and
then allow for real
time editing of actions...

Any insight or pointers would be appreciated.