[FLVTool2-users] -a switch

Norman Timmler lists at inlet-media.de
Fri Apr 28 05:30:16 EDT 2006

Am Freitag, den 28.04.2006, 11:16 +0200 schrieb erixtekila:

> Coulld you tell me what is the behavior of the -a switch ?
> * Introduced -a switch, that collapses cutted regions
>    -a            Collapse space between cutted regions
> Is it for adding several previously cutted regions ?
> Sorry I don't get it.

If you cut a flv and have an in-point above 0 the timestamps of each tag
are not recalculated. That means the new file starts with an offset of
your in-point value. This is good for streaming flv files and want to
play from a specific position in the file.

If you just want to cut the file and have a new one with corrected
timestamp positions (first tag starts at position 0) , use the -a

If multiple cut regions are possible within one command, they will be
put next to each other when using the -a switch, so that you don't get
holes between them. But multiple cut regions are not implemented, yet.
Norman Timmler